Job Title : Program Associate
Reports to: Regional Director for Africa
The Program Associate provides support to the Program Management Team (PMT) in four key areas: program management; program budgets; program business development; and program outreach.
- Assist in preparing and submitting required reports for donors and partners accurately and on time.
- Maintain contact lists and chronological lists of deliverables for all projects
- Work with program staff to reorganize program files and documents into a comprehensive electronic file management system, which can be accessed by all OICI staff.
- Facilitate travel arrangements for PMT and expatriate field staff
- Provide overall administrative support for the Program Management Team, and for other teams as available and needed
- Assist in managing program finances including budget tracking, projections and analysis
- Communicate any over/under expenditure observations and potential implementation issues to the program manager
- Ensure correct coding of expenses and required authorization before submission to the Finance Department.
- On a monthly basis, receive/review/analyze financial reports from the field and partners.
Program Business Development
- Conduct research for new business development and funding sources
- Monitor potential partners and donors policies and projects
- Serve as liaison for programs with the business development team on proposal tasks and background research
- Participate in proposal development meetings with partners and donors as needed
- Monitor literature and recent developments relevant to OICI’s projects, including review of professional journals, and disseminate relevant information to program staff
- Attend events or conferences as needed to share OICI information and collect relevant information from other INGOs, partners, policymakers, and donors.
- Master’s degree in related field (international relations, economics, political science, geography, or other social science)
- At least one year of experience in international development, preferably related to Africa
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter; able to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines