Job Title: Program Officer- Health and Nutrition
Location: Washington, D.C
Reports to: Regional Director for Africa
Travel: Up to 40% of the time
OIC International (OICI) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. OICI’s mission is to build self-reliance and entrepreneurship through technical and vocational skill development. Since 1970, OICI has been implementing programs that invigorate local economies, both rural and urban, by developing its workforce. OICI programs are comprehensive and aim to give individuals the knowledge and tools they need to build sustainable futures for themselves, their families and their communities.
OICI is currently recruiting a Program Officer- Health and Nutrition to work as part of the Program’s Team to provide program oversight and technical guidance for all OICI Health and Nutrition program activities.
The Health and Nutrition Program Officer will be based in Washington, DC and will serve as the primary technical point of contact for all OICI health and nutrition related activities. S/he will work under the supervision of the Associate Director of Programs to ensure the quality of and timely implementation of activities. The specific duties of the Program Officer include:
- Provide leadership, management and technical guidance to OICI health and nutrition activities and act as the primary point of contact for select countries.
- Develop and manage tools and procedures for project implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, capacity assessment, and/or management consistent with funding requirements
- Identify, screen and recruit experts and consultants for undertaking assignments on projects and proposals, and prepare Scopes of Work for same.
- Serve as the OICI technical guide (Health and Nutrition) and backstop all OICI Health and Nutrition projects while assisting with the capacity building of country offices and implementing partners to manage programs.
- Contribute to the Program department’s annual strategic and work planning.
- Undertake periodic field visits as may be required to OICI project sites to provide support and technical direction for projects.
- Develop systems and procedures for monitoring progress and reporting on key program achievements and challenges.
- Liaise with key project/country personnel to prepare, analyze, maintain and distribute project reports to OICI senior management or donors.
- Ensure grant compliance with USAID rules and regulations, monitor budgeted expenditures against actuals and facilitate budget modifications as necessary.
- Identify new business opportunities and contribute to the proposal development efforts when needed.
- Facilitate a harmonious working relationship with OICI grantors, sub-awardees and OICI affiliates.
- Represent OICI at national conferences, workshops, and meetings, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition or International Development with Public Health/Nutrition Concentration or a closely related field. Masters’ degree a plus.
- 5 years’ experience managing international programs with focus on Health and Nutrition.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations; prior experience managing a USAID-funded project a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with ability to work under pressure.
- This position requires travel at short notice to project sites etc. Interested candidates should be able and willing to travel to remote rural project locations.
- US citizenship or work permit required.